Work Location: Hook, Hampshire, UK
We are looking for an organised and technically skilled team member to join the EDMI hardware team and play a key role in defining, designing, testing, validating and certifying EDMI products from the early conception of the products until the readiness for mass production. As Electronics Engineer, you will be the owner of the electronics design and will ensure that all requirements are fulfilled.
- Regularly report to the Hardware Manager on the progress of the design and the associated risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Interface with other members of the team, both internally & externally to discuss layout, testing and compatibility with the mechanical design.
- Working collaboratively with laboratories in order to qualify products
- Possibility of mentoring 1-2 electronic graduates
- Responsible for defining EDMI products including writing the hardware specification based on customer and internal requirements, interaction with different design teams and with the product manager.
- Designing EDMI products including drawing schematics, selecting components and liaising with the layout engineer and mechanical team
- Testing EDMI products including delivering and implementing a test plan of all electronic designs, writing test reports, visiting UK labs for pre-compliance testing and validating and certifying products
- This role may include travel in the UK to labs and abroad to EDMI factories
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge in analog electronic design with previous experience in linear or switched-mode power suppliers, component selection, PCB technology and RF design
- Knowledge of instrumentation techniques
- Experience in interfacing with suppliers and prototyping companies
- Previous experience in certifying electronic/RF products for the European market (RED, LV, RoHS)
- Experience in electronic manufacturing process (DFM, testing, automation)
- Experience in quality processes
- Experience in reliability design/tools (HALT, ALT, DFMEA)