Work Location: Hook, Hampshire
We are looking for a talented, creative and highly organised B2B Marketing Manager, for a 12 month maternity cover position, interested in working for a market leading business driving industry change within smart metering and smart energy solutions. You will be responsible for driving the execution of day to day European marketing plans and budget while also contributing to the development of the strategy as needed in line with the business priorities.
You will have experience and understanding of best practices for external customer communication, press releases, copywriting, event management, as well as internel communication at a global and local level. You will also provide leadership and support to the Marketing Executive for the region, working closely together and ensuring that they are able to continue their personal development.
- Manage and deliver the Marketing Plan for 2019 and 2020, adjusting as needed based on business priorities
- Event management – planning, managing, content creation and promotion of small customer events, such as webinars or workshops as well as participation at larger industry exhibitions
- Customer communications – create and manage all formal comms including newsletters, product advisory notices and so on
- Internal communications – oversee all local internal comms and schedule, understand best practice and enforcement of process as well as support HR with regular internal engagement activities
- PR – to drive and own the European press release plan, draft and review releases, as well as contribute to global press releases where required
- Website & social media – Review and edit copy for all external channels. Analyse social media statistics and make recommendations for strategies for improvement.
- Market research – oversee and drive market, product, competitor and customer analysis on a regular basis for greater market insight
- Line management and development – to lead and the Marketing Executive, with a strong focus on supporting with their performance development
- Partner with cross-functional teams globally
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in Marketing or Communications, including management of direct reports and budgets
- B2B marketing experience essential, within the technology sector, such as energy, telecoms or IT
- A degree or professional marketing qualification desirable but not essential
- A fast learner, who is flexible and detail-oriented, able to adapt in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communicator with strong content writing skills – internal and external communications, newsletters, case studies, presentation creation etc
- Ability to work well in a diverse, international environment and work with colleagues across the globe