Change and Release Manager
Work Location: Hook, Hampshire, UKWe are looking for an experienced Change and Release Manager to provide a single point of contact between internal departments and external suppliers and to be responsible for coordinating all change and release management functions with EDMI. Reporting to the Head of Quality and the Software Director, you will also support content generation for Software Release Letters and Hardware Version Control Process Management.
- Single point of contact for Software and Hardware Release and Change Management process within EDMI. Create, manage and update the change & release management plan
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert for Change and Release Management functions
- Own and govern the Change and Release process by instilling best practice policies and procedures and measuring compliance
- Proactive anticipation and mitigation of change challenges and risks
- Circulate all RFCs to EDMI CAB members in advance of meetings to allow prior consideration, convene urgent CAB meetings for all urgent RFCs, represent EDMI at all EDMI CAB meetings
- Identify the Forward Schedule of Changes (FSC) for EDMI changes
- Coordinate with all necessary parties to perform Change building, testing and implementation, in accordance with schedules
- Review all implemented Changes to ensure that they have met their objectives. Refer back any that have been backed out or have failed
- Publish testing and deployment plans, conduct release plan reviews where necessary and participate in release control gates
- Manage supplier change control process, changes notified by suppliers are identified, reviewed, risk assessed and form part of our internal change control process.
- Ensure all H/W changes, S/W changes, BOM changes and concessions are tracked, authorised and communicated to relevant stakeholders
- Produce regular and accurate management reports on KPIs and SLAs impacting Change and Release management function
Experience and Qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in release and change management or a similar role.
- Experience in a S/W release and change management role highly desirable
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework and possible certified in ITIL foundation (V2 or V3) level desirable.
- Must have worked in a direct customer facing role, mastering the art of negotiating timelines, project managing release schedules and enhancing customer experience.
- Experience in process creation – lead the transition from Service Design to Service Operate for release and change management principles.
- Project management experience desirable.
- Experience of Software Agile Project Management desirable.
- Experience of Software Version Control desirable and Release Letter Content mandatory
- Experience of Tool Chains supporting Agile development (JIRA, Version Control, Automated Regression Systems) desirable
- PRINCE2 certified an asset